Why does my result not appear?
Please confirm all the following are true or have occurred. If all the below are true please email the result details to email@example.com.
- Was the meet you participated in sanctioned?
- Was the result submitted to Athletics Canada? For Athletics Canada sanctioned meets the results will automatically be entered, however for all other meets results must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or confirm that the meet director or your coach will submit the results.
- Was the result missing a specification? For outdoor events under 300m including hurdles, long jump, and triple jump a wind reading is required. For hurdles the height of the hurdle must be specified officially by the meet director. For throws and shot put the weight of the implement used must be specified officially by the meet director.
- Are you an Athletics Canada member? Athletes must be a member of Athletics Canada with a current membership at the time of the competition to qualify for results to be entered into the rankings.
Who is responsible for submitting results?
It is the responsibility of the athlete and/or coach to ensure that results are submitted to Athletics Canada (National Team and National Championship events are excluded). Results can be submitted by sending them in an email to email@example.com – the email must include the event name, date, location, and a link to the final results.
For Para-Athletes when submitting results please be sure to include you r class, and implement weights thrown.
What meets are ranked?
Results from both Canadian and International events are acceptable, as long as the event is sanctioned by its governing body.
Where do I submit results?
All results can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org – the email must include the event name, date, location, and a link to the final results.
Age Categories for Rankings
Athletics Canada follow IAAF rule 141 for age groupings. The age categories are as follows:
- Youth Boys and Girls: Any athlete of 16 or 17 years on 31st December in the year of the competition.
- Junior Men and Women: Any athlete of 18 or 19 years on 31st December in the year of the competition.
- Senior Men and Women: Any athlete of 20 years or older on 31st December in the year of the competition.
Rankings for Athletes below Youth Age
At this time the focus at a national level is athletes corresponding to the Youth age category and older. The youth category followed by Athletics Canada is the same as that of the IAAF Rule 141 which states a Youth athlete is “Any athlete of 16 or 17 years on 31st December in the year of the competition.” Performance below the Youth age category are monitored, but are not published online in the rankings.